Lisa Crane of the ALICE Training Institute shared this practical lockdown solution. Furniture outfitted with rolling and locking casters can be quickly rolled in front of a locked, classroom door, providing an additional layer of protection inside the classroom during a lockdown scenario.
Recent Blog Posts
- Collaboration Between Home and School is Key in Supporting the Mental Health and Safety of Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth
- Santa Fe shooting survivor recall acts of heroism during school shooting
- Santa Fe school shooting: Wounded officer John Barnes a ‘hero’
- Improving school climate, not just security, is key to violence prevention
- Texas School Shooting Leaves 10 Dead, 13 Wounded
Administrators Alissa Parker Back to School Bullying Celebrate Joey children Community Conferences crisis preparedness education educators emergency plan emergency preparedness Emilie Parker family improving school safety Josephine Gay Love mental health mental illness Michele Gay parenting parents police preparedness quarter update safety Sandy Hook Sandy Hook Elementary school School Resource Officers schools school safety school security security Speakers speakers bureau SRO SROs students Summer Survey teacher appreciation teachers training