Many schools make use of easily available lanyards for staff badges, classroom keys, swipe cards, and essential information such as emergency procedure cards and class lists. In a program called “Yards of Love,” Ashleigh Shields, of Independence, Kentucky used her sewing skills and creativity to raise funds and safety awareness for her school community. She custom made fashion lanyards for staff members, reminding the school community to keep these items on hand and at the ready for school safety. For more information on Yards of Love, contact Ashleigh at Ashields328@gmail.com.
Recent Blog Posts
- Tips To Keep Your Child With Autism Safe
- Surviving Sexual Assault: A Student’s Story of Hope and Perseverance
- Poison Prevention Week: School Safety Concerning the Presence of Toxins
- Highlights from the National PTA Legislative Conference
- Parents, Educators, Emergency Preparedness Groups Release Statement on House Passage of “STOP School Violence Act of 2018”
Administrators Alissa Parker Back to School Bullying Celebrate Joey children Community Conferences crisis preparedness education educators emergency plan emergency preparedness Emilie Parker family improving school safety Josephine Gay Love mental health mental illness Michele Gay parenting parents police preparedness quarter update safety safety technology Sandy Hook Sandy Hook Elementary school School Resource Officers schools school safety school security security Speakers speakers bureau SRO SROs students Summer teacher appreciation teachers training