Many schools make use of easily available lanyards for staff badges, classroom keys, swipe cards, and essential information such as emergency procedure cards and class lists. In a program called “Yards of Love,” Ashleigh Shields, of Independence, Kentucky used her sewing skills and creativity to raise funds and safety awareness for her school community. She custom made fashion lanyards for staff members, reminding the school community to keep these items on hand and at the ready for school safety. For more information on Yards of Love, contact Ashleigh at Ashields328@gmail.com.
Recent Blog Posts
- Collaboration Between Home and School is Key in Supporting the Mental Health and Safety of Transgender and Gender Diverse Youth
- Santa Fe shooting survivor recall acts of heroism during school shooting
- Santa Fe school shooting: Wounded officer John Barnes a ‘hero’
- Improving school climate, not just security, is key to violence prevention
- Texas School Shooting Leaves 10 Dead, 13 Wounded
Administrators Alissa Parker Back to School Bullying Celebrate Joey children Community Conferences crisis preparedness education educators emergency plan emergency preparedness Emilie Parker family improving school safety Josephine Gay Love mental health mental illness Michele Gay parenting parents police preparedness quarter update safety Sandy Hook Sandy Hook Elementary school School Resource Officers schools school safety school security security Speakers speakers bureau SRO SROs students Summer Survey teacher appreciation teachers training