Change For School Safety
School safety is bigger than you and me. But together, we can be the change for school safety.
At Safe and Sound Schools, we understand that every school in every community deals with different types of school safety issues. For us to create a safe learning environment for all students, we want you to be a part of the change for school safety.
How can I help make a change?
Change for School Safety will help us provide school safety outreach to underfunded school systems.
By donating your change, you will help us to:
- Teach the importance of building partnerships between parents, educators, students, first responders, mental health professionals and community members,
- Help start a Safe and Sound Student Council Chapter by providing them school safety products,
- Equip students with the necessary tools and education that students need to be prepared for school safety issues,
- Provide access to our speakers/experts to speak with communities about pressing safety issues at their schools,
- And much more.
Where do I start?
Make your own school safety jar. Once you have created your Change for School Safety jar, you can start collecting change.
To create your own Change for School Safety Jar, you will need the following items:
- A jar, can, or a large 1 gallon water bottle (if multiple people are participating)
- Tape or glue
- Craft materials (decorative paper, ribbons, glitter, Washi tape…you decide)
- Pen or marker
Whether your Change for School Safety Jar is made with a can or glass jar, here is a DIY video to show you how you can put it together:
Once you have created your Change for School Safety jar, you can start collecting change. When one jar fills up, fill another one. You can have a Change for School Safety jar at home, work, school, anywhere. You can even make a Change for School Safety jar and give it to a friend, family member, teacher, or anyone so they can be a part of the Change for School Safety.
When do I need to give?
From now until November 29, 2016, collect loose change by putting it in a Change for School Safety jar. On #GivingTuesday (November 29, 2016), count the loose change in your jar and donate the collected amount to Safe and Sound Schools. Donate via our Rally.org website or by sending a check to:
Safe and Sound Schools
P.O. Box 173
Newtown, CT 06470